My name is Lucy. Hi!
I like to live simply, but adventurously.
I am often exploring my curiosity. You can learn more about me, what I write about, and the ideas I’m exploring below. (Please note that I do not accept guest posts. All writing on this site is my own.)
The content on this site is divided into three main categories:
- Personal Finance – The reason I first started this website. You can read about why below.
- What I’m Reading – I love to read and do so every night before bed, with rare exception. In these posts, I share my favorite recommendations!
- Let Luc -This is the section of my website where I go totally free-form, sharing other content such as movies, music, and podcasts.
Why I Write About Personal Finance
Money is a tool that can help us live our ideal lives, but like any tool, we have to know how to use it. Personal finance started as a hobby and then became my profession, which led to regular questions from friends about money. And that’s where Let Luc Finance came in!
I started this website in 2015 to answer those questions, hoping to provide clear, concise, and trusted information that walks you through the basic foundations of financial planning and gives you the education you need to take action, ultimately moving you closer to financial independence and the realization of your dreams.
My goal is for you to learn a little more about money so they can Let Luc a lot more in life.
Feel free to send me an email at letlucfinance [at] gmail [dot] com with your questions, thoughts, success stories, and lessons learned through your own personal finance journey. You can also find every post ever written, organized by topic, right here.
- Virginia Tech graduate (math and statistics)
- Retirement actuary
- Non-profit country director in Fiji (micro-finance and education)
- Fee-only financial planner
- Managing Director of AdvicePay, bringing high quality financial advice to more people, regardless of their level of assets
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional since 2015
The beach, sunshine, quiet mornings, breakfast, dark chocolate, tennis, hiking, scuba diving, music, reading, learning, creating, listening to podcasts. You can find a list of my 30 favorite things here.
Traffic, craft glitter. (For the most part, I’ve eliminated both from my life. Ahhhh, the little things!)
“Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life.” -Jack Kerouac, from his book On The Road
- East Of Eden by John Steinbeck (the journey of life)
- Matilda by Roald Dahl (feeling like a kid again)
- Love Does by Bob Goff (how to treat people)
- The War Of Art by Steven Pressfield (overcoming resistance)
- For a little more on why these books, check out this blog post.
In no particular order: Michael Jackson, Beyoncé, Fleetwood Mac, Bruce Springsteen, Justin Timberlake, Chance The Rapper, The Beatles, R.E.M., Ben Howard, Bon Iver, Mat Kearney, Usher, Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj, The Killers…to name a few.
Check out my Ultimate Podcast Listening Guide here.
Other Blogs I Recommend
- Mr. Money Mustache – “Financial freedom through badassity.”
- Derek Sivers – “Writer, entrepreneur, avid student of life. I make useful things, and share what I learn.”
- Leo Babauta’s Zen Habits – “Finding simplicity and mindfulness in the daily chaos of our lives.”
- Side note: Who are your favorite female thought leaders? I need to find them!