This page should serve as the quickest way for you to find the posts associated with a particular question or topic. I’ve listed every single post below, by topic, to help you navigate through the site and find the answers, resources, and/or recommendations you’re looking for. I hope this is helpful. You can find this list by clicking “Every. Single. Post. (By Topic)” in the main menu at the top of every single page on this site.
If you still can’t find what you’re looking for, you can always email me at email@example.com.
Personal Finance – The Basics
- Welcome Post
- Dream Big – Goals and Values
- Net Worth
- Monthly Spending Part I
- Monthly Spending Part II
- Credit Card Debt and Emergency Funds
- Aligning Spending with Values
- Using Personal Capital to Review and Consolidate Your Finances
- The 10 Rules Of Personal Finance – On One Index Card
- The 5 Best Financial Decisions You Can Make – In Your 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, and 60s
- Do These 5 Things to Get a Handle On Your Money and Enjoy Your Life
Money Stress and Communication
- The Biggest Mistake I Made in 2015 (and how to recover)
- If Money Stresses You Out, Start Here (small step by small step, start to get financially organized)
- It’s Not Your Fault You’re NOT Saving Money (but you still have to save)
- What stories are you telling yourself when you buy something?
- “I know what the price tag says. But what does it cost?”
- What To Say When You Can’t Afford It (Or Don’t Want To)
- It’s THEIR Money – Stop Judging
- Sometimes I Think About Money Too Much
Spending and Saving
- Reducing Expenses by Shopping Around (a personal example)
- Spending Money (sometimes it is okay!)
- Your Responses To Items You Have Found To Be Worth Spending Money On
- 7 Tips for Tracking Spending and Saving Money
- 50 Things You Can Do This Weekend Without Spending Money
- How Much Is A Movie?
- Pick One! Drinks, Dinner, An Excursion, or WiFi
- 11 Ways to Save Money (Without Too Much Effort)
- A Rare Luxury or a Baseline Expectation?
- Everything You Need To Know About Watching TV, Paying For Cable, and Using Video Streaming Services
- The Fringe Benefits of Frugality
- Use Your Strengths To Improve Your Finances
Simplifying Your Life
- Living the Extravagant Life
- Schedule Less, Live More…And Save Some Money While You’re At It
- An Update On Purging My Stuff
- 401(k) Plans
- Savings and Contributions Limits for 2016
- Traditional and Roth IRAs
- Traditional and Roth 401(k)s
- Dealing with Old 401(k)s
- How Much Money Do You Need To Retire?
- A Q&A About Saving For Retirement
- Retirement Contribution Limits for 2017
Principles of Investing
- Part I: Diversification
- Part II: Expense Ratios and Low Costs
- Part III: Asset Allocation (your stock/bond mix)
- Part IV: Discipline and Automation
- Okay, But How EXACTLY Do I Invest?
- Should You Invest In Bitcoin?
- Is The Market Too High? Should You Go To Cash?
- Why Investing Is Like March Madness
Student Loans, Car Loans, and Credit Cards
- Student Loans
- A Let Luc Finance Success Story: Getting Your Student Loans To $0
- How To Pay Off Your Car Loan – Even With Six Kids (note: you don’t need any kids to read and relate to this post)
- The Equifax Breach and How Your Credit Score Is Calculated
Renting vs. Buying
- Renting vs. Buying a Home
- Renters Insurance
- Still Wondering If You Should Buy A House? (with a link to a very helpful flowchart)
Questions, Quizzes, and Benchmarks
- A Financial Check-Up: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself
- Do You Have $400?
- Financial Tic-Tac-Toe (as featured on LifeHacker and Rockstar Finance)
- Are You Middle Class?
- How Rich Are You Really?
- How Much Money Do You Make In A Day?
- What’s Your Money Personality? – A Quiz!
- Survey Says! – Results from the Money Personality Quiz
Miscellaneous Finance Topics
- The Let Luc Finance Grab Bag (various tips, ideas, and resources)
Special Edition Posts
The New Year
Vacations and Summer!
- Memorial Day: Enjoy Travel and Vacation When You Have It
- Learning From The Olympics: Part 1
- Learning From The Olympics: Part 2
- Taking an International Vacation for $1,050 (Iceland)
- How To Make The Most Of Summer
- Halloween: Is this purchase a treat or a habit?
- A Challenge: Don’t Spend Money On Yourself From Halloween To Christmas
- How I Did With The No Spending Challenge
- Thanksgiving: Gratitude and Money
- Could You Be Grateful For Every Single Dollar? – A Special Thanksgiving Post
- Tackling the Christmas Season – How to Spend Less!
- Inexpensive Ideas for Spending Time Over the Christmas Holiday
- A Year-End Financial Checklist
- How Lists Can Help Us Track Progress, Increase Gratitude, and Have Fun (reflecting on your year)
Let Luc Anniversary Posts
- 100 Posts and 2 Years of Writing – Celebrating Our Success! (the big 100 post celebration!)
- 5 Ways to Increase Happiness as You Spend Money Today (Let Luc Finance turns 3!)
Entertaining Finance/Lifestyle Videos
- Comedian George Carlin about all our Stuff!
- Personal Finance in 20 Minutes…Thanks to John Oliver
- A Talk from Mr. Money Mustache
- Financial Advice from some of the Biggest Names in Music (music videos included)
- Bitcoin – It’s So Easy and Hilarious (a commercial from Seth Meyers)
What I’m Reading
- December 2016 (every book I read in 2016)
- December 2017 (every book I read in 2017)
- December 2018 (the best books I read in 2018)
- October 2015 (3 books, 1 article)
- November 2015 (2 books, 2 articles)
- December 2015 (2 books, 1 quote/podcast episode)
- Book Review: The Life-Changing Magic Of Tidying Up (published January 2016)
- January 2016 (5 articles)
- February 2016 (fiction edition – 1 book, 2 book series)
- March 2016 (3 books, 1 article)
- April 2016 (4 books)
- May 2016 (3 books)
- June 2016 (1 book, 2 articles)
- July 2016 (1 book, 1 person to follow and learn from)
- September 2016 (2 books)
- October 2016 (an article, some charts, and 2 quotes)
- January 2017 (2 books)
- February 2017 (2 books)
- May 2017 (2 books – and a bonus TED talk)
- August 2017 (4 articles)
- November 2017 (3 books)
Let Luc – Podcasts, Movies, and Music
- My 30 Favorite Things
- Looking Back: My Favorite Album of Every Year from 1987 to Today
- My Favorite New Movies of 2017 – Ranked from Least Favorite to #1
- The Ultimate Podcast Listening Guide
- My Favorite New Movies of 2018 – Ranked from Least Favorite to #1
- Podcasts I’m Listening To (January 2016)
- A Bunch of Cool Things…because why not? (February 2016)
- Music: My Favorite Albums from 2015 and the First Half of 2016
- Music: Album Recommendations from the Second Half of 2016 and The Best Album of 2017 (So Far)
- Lucy’s Picks: The Best Content of 2017 (So Far)
- Favorite Movies and Podcasts of 2018 (So Far)
- Lucy’s Picks: The Best Content of 2019 (So Far)