This page should serve as the quickest way for you to find the posts associated with a particular question or topic. I’ve listed every single post below, by topic, to help you navigate through the site and find the answers, resources, and/or recommendations you’re looking for. I hope this is helpful. You can find this list by clicking “Every. Single. Post. (By Topic)” in the main menu at the top of every single page on this site.
If you still can’t find what you’re looking for, you can always email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Finance – The Basics
- Welcome Post
- Dream Big – Goals and Values
- Net Worth
- Monthly Spending Part I
- Monthly Spending Part II
- Credit Card Debt and Emergency Funds
- Aligning Spending with Values
- Using Personal Capital to Review and Consolidate Your Finances
- It’s Not Your Fault You’re NOT Saving Money
- A Financial Check-Up: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself
Spending and Saving
- Reducing Expenses by Shopping Around – A Personal Example
- What stories are you telling yourself when you buy something?
- Spending Money (sometimes it is okay!)
- Your Responses To Items You Have Found To Be Worth Spending Money On
- Do You Have $400?
- Living the Extravagant Life (a popular post!)
- 7 Tips for Tracking Spending and Saving Money
- Schedule Less, Live More…And Save Some Money While You’re At It
- 50 Things You Can Do This Weekend Without Spending Money
- An Update On Purging My Stuff
- How Much Is A Movie?
- Pick One! Drinks, Dinner, An Excursion, or WiFi
- What To Say When You Can’t Afford It (Or Don’t Want To)
- 401(k) Plans
- Savings and Contributions Limits for 2016
- Traditional and Roth IRAs
- Traditional and Roth 401(k)s
- Dealing with Old 401(k)s
- How Much Money Do You Need To Retire?
- A Q&A About Saving For Retirement
- Retirement Contribution Limits for 2017
Principles of Investing
- Part I: Diversification
- Part II: Expense Ratios and Low Costs
- Part III: Asset Allocation (your stock/bond mix)
- Part IV: Discipline and Automation
- Okay, But How EXACTLY Do I Invest?
Miscellaneous Finance Topics
- A Year-End Financial Checklist
- Renting vs. Buying a Home (a popular post!)
- Taxes (2016)
- The Biggest Mistake I Made in 2015 (hint: learn and move on)
- Student Loans
- Renters Insurance
- Are You Middle Class?
- Financial Tic-Tac-Toe (my most popular post! – featured on LifeHacker and Rockstar Finance)
- How Rich Are You Really?
- Still Wondering If You Should Buy A House? (with a link to a very helpful flowchart)
- A Let Luc Finance Success Story: Getting Your Student Loans To $0
- Charitable Giving
- Taxes (2017)
Special Holiday/Event/Vacation Edition Posts
- Halloween: Is this purchase a treat or a habit?
- Thanksgiving: Gratitude and Money
- Tackling the Christmas Season – How to Spend Less!
- Inexpensive Ideas for Spending Time Over the Christmas Holiday
- Easy Financial New Year’s Resolutions
- Memorial Day: Enjoy Travel and Vacation When You Have It
- Learning From The Olympics: Part 1
- Learning From The Olympics: Part 2
- Taking an International Vacation for about $1,000
- A Challenge: Don’t Spend Money On Yourself From Halloween To Christmas
- Could You Be Grateful For Every Single Dollar? – A Special Thanksgiving Post
- How I Did With The No Spending Challenge
- Starting The Year Off Right, Financially Speaking
- How To Make The Most Of Summer
Entertaining Finance/Lifestyle Videos
- Comedian George Carlin about all our Stuff!
- Personal Finance in 20 Minutes…Thanks to John Oliver
- A Talk from Mr. Money Mustache
What I’m Reading
- October 2015 (3 books, 1 article)
- November 2015 (2 books, 2 articles)
- December 2015 (2 books, 1 quote/podcast episode)
- Book Review: The Life-Changing Magic Of Tidying Up
- January 2016 (5 articles)
- February 2016 (fiction edition – 1 book, 2 book series)
- March 2016 (3 books, 1 article)
- April 2016 (4 books)
- May 2016 (3 books)
- June 2016 (1 book, 2 articles)
- July 2016 (1 book, 1 person to follow/learn from)
- August 2016 (I Let Luc and shared some music recommendations)
- September 2016 (2 books)
- October 2016 (an article, some charts, and 2 quotes)
- November 2016 (I wrote about charitable giving and Effective Altruism, providing several links to related reading material)
- December 2016 (every book I read in 2016)
- January 2017 (2 books)
- February 2017 (2 books)
- March 2017 (my 4 most recommended books)
- May 2017 (2 books – and a bonus TED talk)